The Clock is Ticking
Those Funny Days of The Month!
Sept. 5th —- Be Late for Something Day
Why be late for something on purpose? I think that is nuts! I must say it would have been me almost everyday at my old job. I was usually a few minutes late almost every day. Slap my hand, bad habit!
I am a creature of habit!
I have come to the conclusion that it was because….
1) I was not liking my job of 17 years anymore.
2) They allowed me to.
3) I’m not a morning person. I repeat I am not a morning person.
4) It’s that mommy thing going on. You know the one where anything and everything can go wrong will go wrong.
5) We had one bathroom for the six of us which included at one time one teenage girl. Then it was five of us sharing which included a teenage boy. Yes, boys are just as bad.
6) I am not a coffee drinker so running on low energy.
7) My hair just never cooperated.
8) I just had nothing to wear or that fit. Oh, we wore store shirts, oops, I didn’t have the right color for my complexion! 🙂
9) I took for granted living in a small town where it only took a few minutes to drive to work. Yes, I waited until the last possible minute to leave, bad time management. Oh, I never took that class.
10) I didn’t get up early therefore the kids were not up early. Hubby would wake them up when he left for work, but I guess they have my good genes and would fall back asleep. Ooops. I am so proud. 🙂
11) All my clocks told a different time so I never really knew the correct time. 🙂 Yes, I tried the 20 minutes early thing, didn’t work, I knew. Who the heck invented the snooze button? GENIUS! My favorite invention ever.
12) Last of all, the one I do believe was the real reason I just didn’t get up no matter how many tricks I tried, I had poor health.
I didn’t eat breakfast,
didn’t stop and smell the roses,
didn’t make myself go to bed at a good time,
and I wasn’t organized!
I really thought having a pepsi and a donut first thing at work was the thing to do. Or rather, it was convenient and fit my poor time management.
My exercise schedule was chasing kids around, cleaning, yard work, a once in awhile walk with a friend, and pushing the button on the remote control when hubby wasn’t hogging the TV. 🙂
Smell the roses…I guess falling asleep watching TV isn’t the same. It is just plain exhaustion. Stop and smell that rose, get that rose right up under your big nose, and breathe in and breathe out. It is a moment of relaxation, a moment where nothing else matters, a release of the day’s stress, and it puts a smile on your face. Smiling is wonderful for your health. So stop and smell the roses daily. 🙂 Learn to relax. Learn to let go of the day’s worries for at least a moment. Your shoulders are broad, but eventually they will hunch over if you don’t learn to smell the roses.
I really thought staying up until wee hours of the night and then trying to get up in five hours was for me. It obviously was not. I just kept telling myself it was. I had no winding down time before I crashed either. I was usually busy doing bills or more computer work. Experts actually say get away from any electronics before bed and you will sleep better. I definitely had no problem falling asleep but that was because I was completely stressed out and tired. My head hit the pillow and I wouldn’t even remember falling asleep.
I now eat in the morning when I get up, of course not having to rush to work does help a bit but at least it is a habit now.( Remember I am a creature of habit) My grandmother always made me eat breakfast before school when I was growing up. I suppose when I ventured out on my own I lost that habit and not a good habit to get rid of. I make sure I don’t eat the same thing all the time so it isn’t boring. I no longer eat donuts first thing, note I said first thing. 🙂 I make myself drink water in the morning before I can ever have my Pepsi which most days I will not get until afternoon. I just can’t get rid of my Pepsi. We are pals and that is the way it is going to be. 🙂 I have greatly increased my intake of water! A wonderful thing!
My exercise is still cleaning and chasing kids which a mom never can escape from. I have now added going to the YMCA or doing some exercises at home on a daily basis. Ok, it is a dream but I am getting there. 🙂
Smelling those roses…..every single day! I make a point to laugh, to hug, and to sometimes just stop and breathe in, breathe out every day. I began reading books again. Why did I ever stop my love for reading? It has been so relaxing to read again.
Sleep…what an amazing thing. I will now go to sleep by 11pm and I have no problem getting up early. Once in awhile I will treat myself to a late night but it is far in between. I usually will get away from the computer before 10pm as well. I may still use my Nook or phone but very little. I feel that the last hour before sleep is a must to just chill. No more trying to get work done. Get rid of the stress. I even read some nights. Kids are asleep and it is the perfect time. I still watch some TV before bed, but it does get turned off when we go to sleep. We use to keep it on and I really think it has helped being off. I feel like I get a better night’s sleep now.
Organization…my new friend. It is amazing when you no longer have clutter and things are in their place. I know back home in our house it was a major issue because we were always remodeling and moving things around. I think that really added to my stress level. I have seen this last year being in our duplex at our home away from home and the fact that it is finished and things have a place has relieved all of us. We all seem happier. Of course, we won’t stop remodeling our home but at least for the moment we don’t have to live in it while it is being done. A big plus. Lot less stress. Now that I have time to organize I think I have organized everything that can possibly be organized. 🙂 I am a sucker for office supplies or cute containers. I have my own collection of recycled glass now. I know there will be a use for it. 🙂 Labels…love labeling things. I have to make sure my family can find it. I don’t want to hear “mom where is?” Who am I kidding, they will always say that. 🙂
The point to be made is, even though it is a celebrated day, DON’T do it if it is wrong. Being on time to everything is a good thing and a good habit to have. If you can’t, take a look at yourself and what might be causing it and fix it!
Do you have any funny stories that caused you to be late for something?
I left my infant son in his car seat in the living room one time, had to go back in and grab him when we realized he wasn’t in the car. My kids laughed big time on that one. 🙂 I chuckled too. 🙂 It made me more late than I already was. 🙂