I have wanted to do quilling for a very long time now. I bought the beginning supplies at Hobby Lobby and then bought some boards and tools from an online quilling store. Quilling is making shapes with thin pieces of colored paper. It is done by curling the paper with a small tool. 🙂
A few weeks ago I sat in my living room and made my first item. It was fun and relaxing. I can’t wait to do some more projects with lots of different shapes.
I would like to sell a few once I get going with it. 🙂
This was the finished first item, a dragonfly. I love dragonflies.
This is what I did with it. My hubby has lots of wood pieces from projects so I decided to put one to use. 🙂
This is sitting on our fireplace mantel. 🙂
I’ve been enjoying the small art projects this month. It is getting my creative juices flowing.
With the end of May brings June, I will dive back into editing my book for the final pass. 🙂 I wanted a break from it.
And I will also be continuing more fun art stuff!
Have a great last day of May! 🙂
I see a notice saying happy anniversary. Didn’t realize I began on my oldest son’s birthday. It has been 4 years since I entered the blogging world. I hope to have many more! I enjoy it a lot. In a way it is my socializing. Thank you to all who follow! Keep writing everyone!
(credit to Bing.com images)
Who has daydreamed about playing a cool electric guitar in a rock band?
ME ME ME!!!
Growing up I loved the rock bands! Really liked the gorgeous guitar players the most. 🙂 Back when VH1 videos came out, I would watch for hours my favorite rock bands.
Later in college, I went to several rock concerts. To name a few:
Def Leppard — twice!
I enjoyed when the guitar player did a short solo part. It made me want to get up and play my air guitar along with. 🙂 The beat, the sound, the rhythm!
I think this jinx guitar would look awesome under my arm!
Maybe in my retirement I will take up lessons. I’ll be the cool grandma jamming out to the 80’s, 90’s rock music! Oh, yea. 🙂
Sharon from Curious Queendom nominated me for The Entertainer Blogger Award. Thank you so much. I love her blog, she post many interesting posts and often. So please give her blog a look!
Without further ado…
- Write a post with the award picture.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring, and, most important of all, ENTERTAINING!
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog!
- Also, answer the 5 questions.
When I think about entertainment, it encompasses a range of implications…
…. Did I laugh?
…. Did I cry?
…. Did I learn?
The following people have made me do one of those three things. I’m sure they’d do the same for you as well.
- Check out One Canvas At A Time! Lots of inspiration for art! Lover her creative posts.
- Check out Blonde Write More! Many posts on writers’ emotions and inspirations.
- Check out Raves & Reviews! If you love to read, check out Kev’s reviews on books!
- Check out Simpleigh Organized! Excellent ideas for cleaning up the clutter in your life and other interesting posts on life.
- Check out A Note From Abroad! They travel the world. Very neat to see the pictures and hear about the different places.
- Check out Juni Desiree! Lots of art pieces and writing tips.
- Check out karenfordart! Terrific artist!
- Check out Muse Writer! Very intriguing poems.
- Check out Amanda’s Camelot! Follow her adventures and see her terrific photos!
- Check out Susanne Leist! An author with coolest posts. A cool picture with a short poem.
- Check out Friendly Fairy Tales! Poems with awesome photos.
- Check out Cave Of Fame! Variety of posts that are interesting.
Why did you start a blog in the first place?
I began my blog in order to get back into writing. Plus, it is fun to talk to oneself. 🙂
What is your favorite book?
Oh, boy. I have way too many. I can not choose just one. 🙂
What do you dislike the most?
What is your favorite food item from the mall?
What is your favorite pastime activity?
Reading and anything art.
(found on Bing.com images)
I don’t keep my payment method saved in WordPress because I really hate automatic renewals. Half the time the companies put the payment through before it is due which to me is wrong when I have a budget I follow. I don’t mind a couple days but I have had companies do a week to two weeks early. Upsets me. 😦
I went to look at my blog on my computer this weekend and there was a blackened screen with a reminder that my WordPress premium was due in about ten days. Yes, I know, I got the email and have it saved and figured into my budget for the weekend before it is due.
I tried to dismiss it with the X and it would not go away. So I found the chat button to talk to support. They tried to say it was a problem with Explorer. Nope, it did it again with FireFox. Understand they are just trying to keep your site from expiring but it was wrong to block me from seeing my blog. I could move around the editing stuff but I like to look how my blog looks, plus I tend to use it more to reply to people.
I could see the blog on my phone but I like using the computer for writing and replying. To me WordPress doing this was denying me my already paid time for my blog. Heck, maybe I didn’t want to renew and you pretty much short changed me a week of my paid time. They are lucky that I like WordPress and don’t quit the premium part. 🙂
I had to rant. Hope your day is going good! 🙂
Anyone else have issues with companies that do that automatic payment? I don’t even like saving the payment info. I prefer to input it every time it is due. 🙂