Last week I took a vacation from being on vacation the previous week. 🙂 Isn’t that how it works sometimes? I did the minimum I had to do as a mom. I did catch up on laundry. I did not do much work on the computer though. Hubby had to go back to work but he said it was a relaxed week for him, if that’s possible truck driving. 🙂
Our vacation was going to Charleston SC to see the oldest son’s family. They recently had a beautiful little boy named Jayce. 🙂 We needed to see that precious baby. 🙂 Oh, and the son and his wife too. 🙂
Our other two sons and daughter joined us on the long road trip. 🙂 Thank goodness for portable DVD player! They stayed busy watching movies. When you have tall kids and a hubby over 6 feet tall, many breaks were taken. I’m short, but I enjoyed the stretching of the legs too. 🙂
This is the recap of the fun week:
- Saturday – Began the trip. Stayed in TN. TN is a beautiful state. Definitely need a trip out there someday to sightsee. It had the most winding road through the mountains. The cars don’t slow down. Nerves galore!
- Sunday – Reached Shay’s place. Played with the new baby. 🙂 Nice apartment complex. Beautiful area. Too much traffic for me. Roads were 5 lanes or more. Ugh.
- Monday – Beach Day! 🙂 Hubby sadly had a migraine, he stayed back. Shay, Adric, and Farra in Shay’s car. Maniac driver! Cassie, Jessup, baby, and me in Cassie’s car. They lost us! But we got a better parking spot by the beach, speed doesn’t always win. 🙂 Beach was great! Put up a tent for Cassie and baby Jayce. Wind was a bit of a challenge. Found lots of seashells. Shay had never ate down there so we decided to walk around the beach town. Adorable shops, good thing I was on a budget, no shopping for me. We ate at Washout! Live music was terrific. Baby Jayce slept through it. I had a salmon BLT, it was awesome! We had some ice cream afterwards. I switched places with Farra. She said no more riding with brother Shay. He was a little better with me but it still was scary. Dang sports car! 🙂
- Tuesday – We went sightseeing! This time the two younger boys didn’t want to go so they stayed at Shay’s. We saw the aquarium, walked through the Ft. Sumter museum, and then walked downtown Charleston. It was cool to see the old buildings. Loved it! Found a place to eat called Sticky Fingers. Yummy BBQ food. Hubby and I shared a plate. 🙂 After we ate back to the apartment. Chilled. Played with baby Jayce. Cassie made Don a cake for his birthday, yummy. Great day.
- Wednesday – Chill day. Kids found out they got their apartment in Virginia. We had pizza delivery and began packing up stuff in the U-Haul. More cuddles with baby Jayce. 🙂
- Thursday – Put the final things in the U-Haul. Shay and Jessup went ahead to get to the apartment complex office before it closed for some final paperwork. Don, the truck driver, drove the U-Haul. So, that left me to drive our car, oh boy, city traffic. Farra rode with me. Cassie, Adric, and baby Jayce in Cassie’s car. Oh, forgot, Farra and I had the ferrets in our car. The escape artists almost got out on us. LOL Cassie had the lizard. Yes they love pets of the different kind. LOL. We ate at Outback Steakhouse when we got to Virginia. Yummy.
- Friday – Unloaded the kids at their new apartment. The city seems nice. I’d drive there, 2 lane roads. 🙂 Apartment is pretty nice, entryway could use an update. Sad we had to leave after unloading them. So sad. I need to win the lottery so we can visit more. We headed on our journey back home. Stayed in hotel in Kentucky.
- Saturday – More driving. Missing the kids. The other 3 slept most of the ride home. Arrived home around 8pm. Good to be home.
All in all, great week! 🙂 Miss them 3 though. 🙂