My boys have made it through their first week of school!
It was more of a struggle today, for me too. So far, they seem to like their classes. Both of them have had homework and they were doing it! My boys like to skip that homework thing so I hope the finishing it will continue.
When I was growing up, I would have never dreamed of not having homework done. I felt lost and anxious if I didn’t have it done. I needed the homework to learn as well. The boys seem to breeze by but they would do so much better if they would study.
They do remember things way better than I did, so I will give them credit there. I was one that had to study for a test the night before and a little bit before the test. Then it all went out of the brain…..lol
Good heavens…their backpacks are packed full! They won’t use their lockers since they are allowed their backpacks in classes. I guess that gets them ready for college. I am going to have to get them a chiropractor appointment! 🙂
This school year I am incorporating breakfast before school. Previous years, it was quick snacks before or cereal. I did good last week. Three of the days I made egg type breakfasts and the other two days were a large muffin and a donut.
My youngest rides the bus because he thinks we get there too late, we don’t, and so he eats again at school! That is ok with me.
Surprising since all summer he barely ate anything other than what I cooked at night. He is my skinny six-foot kid. He needs some meat on those bones!
Have your schools began yet?
Credit to Bing.com images.
Me, playing around with my computer camera. Avoiding my to do list.
Love the filters on it. This was actually animated but I didn’t get it saved that what. I am still figuring things out. 🙂 This says I have yet to write my Christmas cards, so I am tossing them around in front of me to remind me. Yea, that works. LOL
I am avoiding all the people and so have not finished shopping. Sigh. Oh, look, a bar, just what I need to relax! 🙂
Ok, enough goofing off, I need to get busy. I need to wrap presents that I do have before said teenage boys get home. I think I am about out of wrapping paper. Yay! I have not bought any the last few years, because I wanted them used up, so now I can buy pretty new ones! 🙂
Countdown to Christmas List:
- Buy gifts….ummm
- Wrap gifts….yay…new paper to buy.
- Clean bathrooms before company this weekend….ugh on the cleaning part.
- Vacuum, mop…….etc etc….normal stuff.
- Wash all bedding for oldest son and family coming home! Yay!
- Fit in blogging and other computer work. I consider that a break. 🙂
- Oh, finish decorating inside…been stalling…don’t know why.
- Bake….ummm….simple stuff.
- Get those steps in for my step challenge this month!
- Read my last 6 books! YIKES! Cheers to those that read way more than me, I have 27 read.
- Oh, do that Christmas card thingy that I really do enjoy but procrastinate about.
- Help middle child with homework that he keeps putting off! Umm…he must get that from me. Oops.
- Grocery shop. Ugh.
- Finish the budget.
- Finish organizing the basement so said company will have room to enjoy.
- Keep the towels washed and supplied in the linen closet.
- Do I really think I will accomplish all this? Oh, boy. Give it my best shot! Stay tuned!